Starting a major
Although not a required course for the major, many students take Psych 125 during their first year. Some students take Bio 150 and/or a chemistry class if they are thinking of physical therapy graduate school. Bio 143 and Bio 243 (Anatomy I and II) are taken in the sophomore year.
Are there courses students MUST, SHOULD, or CAN take their First Year?
- Must: There are no courses that must be taken in the first year.
- Should: ESTH 150 and Psych 125 .
- Can: If ready, students may take Bio 150 and Stats 110.
Credit for previous coursework
Credit for transfer courses are done in consultation with the Registrar and the Exercise Science Department Chair.
- Week One information sessions on the exercise science major, pre-PT, and pre-OT programs.
- Email Cindy Book (email@example.com) to sign up for the exercise science email alias to receive occasional emails on internships, advising, speakers, and events.