Starting the program
- Students planning to sit for the CPA examination upon graduation should major in economics or mathematics and take elective courses in accounting and finance. New members of the American Institute of CPAs are required to earn one year of college credit beyond the bachelor’s degree. Students are strongly advised to check the regulations for licensure in the state where they intend to practice.
Are there courses students MUST/SHOULD take their first year?
- Must: There are no courses that must be taken in the first year.
- Should: Take Principles of Economics (ECON 121) in either the first or second semester of the first year. No Management Studies courses are open to first-year students.
Credit for previous coursework
- Refer to the information sheet for the Economics Department. It includes information on receiving credit for Principles of Economics (ECON 121).
- Not applicable to any Management Studies courses.
- Program Information Session (Week One)
Other Information/College Catalog Link/Website Link
- Catalog: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-programs/management-studies/
- Website: https://wp.stolaf.edu/management-studies/
Contacts and Department Location
Management Studies is located in the Economics Department. Go to the west end of the third floor of Holland Hall.
- Program Director: Rick Goedde (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3126
- Professor Jerry Lee (email@example.com), x3639
- Economics AAA: Savannah James (firstname.lastname@example.org), x3149
To download and print, click on this link: Pre-Accounting Information Sheet