Starting a major
Most students start with a course related to Russian culture, language or history. History 121, “Making Modern Russia,” and Russian 111, “Beginning Russian,” are popular choices.
Are there courses students MUST, SHOULD, or can take their First Year?
- Must: No, there are no courses that must be taken in the first year.
- Should: Potential majors should consider taking History 121 during fall semester. This course is only open to first-year students and is not offered during spring semester.
Credit for previous coursework
- In some cases, credit may be granted for previous Russian language courses if taken at the college level. Consultation with the faculty in the Russian Language and Area Studies Department will determine if and how much credit will be granted.
- Credit for transfer courses or other programs is done in consultation with the Registrar and the Department Chair of Russian Language and Area Studies.
Placement questions can be answered by Marc Robinson email@example.com, x3160
- Week One Information Sessions
- The RLAS Department will host a social event at the Russian House sometime early in the fall.