List of Areas in Buntrock Commons

Buntrock Commons Designated Bulletin Boards:

  • Identified spaces in the Post Office Box area
  • Bulletin boards in the Student Activities hallway (West end, 2nd level)
  • Free-standing triangle board near Rolvaag Memorial Library
  • Boards located outside of Stav Hall entrance
  • Areas designated for specific information (i.e., SGA, Piper Center, for sale, etc.) are reserved for their postings only

Roll Paper/Newspaper-print Signs

Paper Roll signs, and similar sized posters, are the only items that can be hung on the bulletin strips above the PO area and on the railings in Stav Dining Room.

  • Maximum 2 roll paper signs for each event (only 1 per designated area)
  • Signs and Banners are NOT permitted on the railings or wood wall in the Crossroads
  • Signs will be a maximum 2 1/2 ft x 2 1/2 ft
  • All signs MUST be date stamped in the Office of Student Activities, BC 107.
  • Maximum 7 day hanging time
  • Please use the ladder available in the Office of Student Activities to hang your sign. Do not use Fireside furniture for this.

Campus resources (i.e. the Poster Room) cannot be used for the production of publicity regarding off-campus functions. Any outside/non-college-affiliated group is not permitted to utilize these resources. These supplies and locations are also not available for personal use.

Newsprint signs that do not follow guidelines will be carefully removed and the organization or group responsible for that sign will be contacted and informed as to which guideline has been overlooked. Publicity will be stored and may be collected at the Office of Student Activities. It will be held for three days before it is recycled.

Tall Rolling Bulletin Boards

Buntrock Commons has several tall rolling bulletin boards for organizations and departments to reserve for use. For example, organizations and departments have used the boards to advertise celebration weeks or other week-long programming, among other things. Reserve a tall bulletin board on R25, filtering by Buntrock Display & Tabling Spaces in the right menu and reserve one of the Tall Board options.

Political Campaign Postings

Literature and flyers regarding off-campus political campaigns, (i.e. US Congressional or Presidential campaigns; state or local offices) are permitted to be posted within the Commons but MUST list the sponsoring recognized campus group. Any postings advocating a particular issue must also identify the sponsoring groups. All postings must follow posting/publicity guidelines listed above. On-campus election campaigns (i.e. Student Government) must follow SGA Election guidelines. These can be obtained from the SGA in the Office of Student Activities.


No taping of any kind is permitted except on the balcony railing of the Stav Dining Room. Only tape supplied by the Office of Student Activities is allowed for these hangings. Taped items will be taken down immediately.