- This event has passed.
Design-Thinking for Career Exploration
October 27 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Life Design offers students practical design-thinking tools to approach career exploration. Design-thinking encourages students to think big, prototype career possibilities, and gather ongoing feedback to inform their career choices. Students will use an iterative process of curiosity and creative problem solving to address dysfunctional beliefs, re-frame failure and success, persevere through ambiguity, and build their way forward.
● Gain an overview of design-thinking methodologies.
● Reflect on their own energy levels throughout an average week and connect that awareness to suitable career choices.
● Create multiple visions of their own futures and share with peers.
● Crowdsource actionable steps from peers about how to move forward with one career prototype.
● Reframe definitions of career success and failure.