- This event has passed.
LearningWorks 2021 Information Session – Virtual
January 11 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Breakthrough is a national collaborative that comprises 25 sites across the country. Its overall mission is to launch high potential, low-income middle school students on the path to college, while also inspiring talented high school and college students to pursue careers in education.
At LearningWorks, we achieve this mission by using a “students-teaching-students” model. During our 9 weeks of summer programming, 35 talented high school and college students work as teachers, advisors, and mentors for 120 middle school students from Minneapolis Public Schools. LearningWorks teachers are creative, diverse, intelligent, and highly motivated. They represent many academic and personal backgrounds, but share a commitment to students and educational equity.
LearningWorks is a Breakthrough site in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. Every summer, it offers:
· 100+ hours of professional development
· 75+ hours of lead classroom teaching
· Autonomy to develop your own curriculum and course content
· Leadership opportunities in committee-structures and program planning
· Your own classroom for 6 intensive weeks
· Coaching and mentorship from experienced and licensed teachers
· 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio
· Small classes of 8-12 students
· $2,500 stipend & housing options
Head to https://www.breakthroughcollaborative.org/apply-teacher/ to apply before the January 14, 2021 early priority deadline deadline!