- This event has passed.
Social Impact Recruiting Showcase
March 9 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
The Social Impact Recruiting Showcase is designed to help you learn about and make connections with key employers in a casual, low-stakes environment. The event is intended for all interest levels, so even if you aren’t sure whether a career in social impact is for you, stop by to learn more from employers.
What is Social Impact? Social Impact encompasses opportunities that are available within mission-driven organizations that seek to promote positive change. Whether you are passionate about policy, environmental sustainability, families and youth, or immigrants and refugees, the Social Impact Recruiting Showcase gives you an opportunity to interact with employers first-hand.
During the event, there will be a large group session in Viking Theater where participating employers will give a brief “pitch” (presentation) about their company. During this pitch session, representatives will touch upon company culture, what they look for in candidates, jobs and internships they have available, and other interesting details about their company. It’s a space to explore different employers and learn about what might be a good fit. Following the pitch event, students who are interested in learning more or making deeper connections with recruiters are invited to attend the fair event in Crossroads. Employers will have tables and be available to chat with you one-on-one or in smaller groups.
All class years are welcome.
6:30 – 7:30 p.m. | Employer Pitches – Viking Theater
7:30 – 9:00 p.m. | Meet and Greet – Crossroads
Registration: Registration is not required but recommended.
– City of Saint Paul: http://www.stpaul.gov/jobs
– College Possible: http://www.collegepossible.org/
– Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa: https://www.conservationcorps.org/employment
– International Institute of Minnesota: https://www.iimn.org
– Lead For Minnesota: https://www.leadforminnesota.org/
– Literacy Minnesota: https://www.literacymn.org/
– Lutheran Volunteer Corps: https://lutheranvolunteercorps.org/
– Minnesota Children’s Museum: https://mcm.org/
– MN GreenCorps: https://www.pca.state.mn.us/waste/minnesota-greencorps
– New Sector Alliance: http://newsector.org/
– Office of U.S. Senator Smith: https://www.smith.senate.gov/
– Peace Corps: https://www.peacecorps.gov/
– Ronald McDonald House Charities – Upper Midwest: https://www.rmhtwincities.org/
– ServeMinnesota: https://www.serveminnesota.org/
– St. Joseph Worker Program: https://stjosephworkers.org/
– Sustainable Resources Center: https://www.src-mn.org/
– Teach For America: https://www.teachforamerica.org/
– Women Winning: https://www.womenwinning.org/run-for-office/plot/