St. Olaf Kindness Campaign
May 1 - May 31
Join St. Olaf alumni, parents, friends, and students in helping to spread joy to their community by participating in a Kindness Campaign. It is more important than ever that we come together as a community and share with those around us.
Not sure how to serve?
Check out this list of ideas or brainstorm on your own! Just make sure you stay safe and healthy as you participate.
- “Ring and Run”—Draw, paint, create, or write something friendly and uplifting and deliver these to your neighbors
- Offer to do yard work or run errands for a neighbor who needs assistance
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood or pull out weeds in a shared community space
- Complete a virtual COVID-19 Relief Race.
- Make in-kind donations to a local food/diaper bank or shelter
- Make masks for neighbors and friends (Check out this sample pattern).
- Donate blood or plasma (be sure to make an appointment first)
- Join your community’s mutual aid network and help locally
- If you are a member of a house of worship, offer to call members of your congregation
- Create your own virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Support communities severely impacted by COVID-19. Physicians and health care professionals please view AMA guide.
- Write an e-card to new mothers for Mother’s Day (Check out Project Buttercup).
Share how you participate by taking a picture and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last day to submit a photo is May 31. Some photos will be shared on the St. Olaf Facebook page.
Sign up today and pledge how many hours you plan on volunteering!