RNS 103: General Storage
RNS 105: Field Room
RNS 106: Field/Wet Room
RNS 108A: General Chemicals
RNS 108B: Solvents
RNS 108C: Hazardous Waste Central Accumulation Area
RNS 108D: Natural Lands EquipmentRNS 108E & F: Gas Cylinder Storage
RNS 108F is the designated storage space for the gas cylinders that are used throughout Regents Hall. Faculty that require the use of gas cylinders in lab or research should contact the Stockroom Manager to place an order. The gas cylinders that are currently being stored in RNS 108F are already designated for specific faculty – contact the Stockroom Manager if you need a cylinder.
Ordering Gas Cylinders
- Orders for Gas Cylinders are placed on Tuesdays at 2pm.
- At 2pm, the empty cylinder cage is checked and cylinders are ordered to replace those that are leaving the facility empty. If any other cylinders are needed, let the Stockroom Manager know.
- If an empty cylinder is placed in the cage after 2pm on Tuesdays, a replacement cylinder will not be ordered until the following week.
- Gas cylinders are delivered to the Regents Hall loading dock every Wednesday.
Checking-out Gas Cylinders
- Each of the cylinders is labeled with the name/initials of the professor for which they are ordered.
- Do not check-out someone else’s cylinder without his/her permission.
- Make sure all cylinders are secure in the room (i.e., chained to the wall) after removing the one you need.
- Fill out the check-out sheet that is hanging to the left of RNS 108F.
- Use the appropriate four-wheeled cart to transport the cylinder to the lab.
- Please don’t leave the cylinder carts sitting in labs for an extended period of time.
Returning Empty Gas Cylinders
- Return empty gas cylinders to the designated cage on the loading dock.
- All cylinders must be returned with the cap and neck rings.
- Make sure that the label is facing out.
- Secure the chain around all cylinders in the “empty” cage.
- Fill out the “Empty Cylinder Check-in Sheet.”