Each semester, CILA sponsors a series of faculty discussions on teaching and learning topics. CILA Faculty Lunch Conversations provide opportunities for faculty both to learn from each other or from guest speakers, and to share their innovative work with colleagues.
- Current semester descriptions, resources, and materials
Recent Conversations topics have included:
- Critical Mass: Centering Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Breaking Bad: Dealing with Cultural, Ethnic, and Gender Stereotypes
- Fake news, dubious claims, and “truthiness”: How do we teach our students to read digital texts and media critically?
- Let’s Talk About Writing: Content, Transfer, and the Question of General Education
- Strategies for Inclusive Classrooms: An Open Conversation