Each semester, CILA sponsors a series of faculty discussions on teaching and learning topics.
Recent Conversations topics have included:
- Critical Mass: Centering Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Breaking Bad: Dealing with Cultural, Ethnic, and Gender Stereotypes
- Fake news, dubious claims, and “truthiness”: How do we teach our students to read digital texts and media critically?
- Let’s Talk About Writing: Content, Transfer, and the Question of General Education
- Strategies for Inclusive Classrooms: An Open Conversation
CILA Faculty Lunch Conversations provide opportunities for faculty to share their innovative work with colleagues and also feature presentations by guest speakers.