November 2019 – The Center for Integrative Studies is pleased to announce the eighteenth annual “Magnus the Good” Collaborative Fellowship Awards. Open to projects from any discipline or combination of disciplines, Magnus the Good Awards are intended to encourage student and faculty collaboration. One or more awards of up to $3000 each will be granted, to support collaborative, student-faculty projects during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The selection committee seeks to award projects that are built around actual collaborative work between students and faculty rather than student work supervised by a faculty member, or faculty work in which the student assists.
Work on projects may begin as early as June 2020, but must be completed by May 1, 2021.
Application : Students and faculty apply for a Magnus the Good Collaborative Fellowship as a team. Applications should include a description of the research or activity envisioned, a total budget for the project specifying how an award of up to $3000 would be used, the projected outcome of the project, and a plan for public presentation or dissemination of project outcomes.
Each proposal should include
- the names of the proposers;
- the title of the proposed project;
- a full description of the project, as well as an abstract that can be used for announcements and other public uses;
- a total budget for the project, including the place of a Magnus the Good award in the project budget;
- Note: If the project will receive additional funding from other sources, the proposal should include an explanation of how all funds will be allocated in the project budget.
- a statement from each collaborator about their interest in and expected contribution to the project and how the project fits into their other interests and academic careers;
- a statement of how the results of the project will be shared with the public.
Selection : The award will be made by a committee convened by the director of the Center for Integrative Studies.
Application Deadline :
- Friday, December 13: Student-faculty collaborative teams should communicate their intent to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org early in the process of putting together an application.
- Friday, February 14: Final proposals are due electronically to carlsons@
- Early March 2020: Recipients of Magnus the Good
Collaborative Fellowships for 2020-21 will be announced.