Low Transmission Levels
< 1% of campus students infected within a 14-day period
Contacts are able to be identified at the time of interview
< 10 cases per 10,000 over 14-day period in Rice County
< 50% isolation and quarantine beds are full
Other key factors:
Guidelines from the Governor, MDH and CDC support in-person/hybrid classes
Healthcare resources are available
Staff and faculty are available
Critical supplies and testing are available
COMMUNITY STANDARDS REQUIRED:
- You are still required to report COVID-19 symptoms, test results, and vaccinations through the St. Olaf Health Reporting Form.
- Everyone on campus is expected to continue to adhere to our Community Standards. Face coverings will continue to be required indoors and recommended outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All staff, faculty, and students need to continue to stay home when they are sick.
Classes, Athletics, Music, Clubs and Other Student Activities
Will continue as currently structured, with mitigation measures in place. As appropriate, updated guidance will be coming through these organizations.
Social Gatherings (excludes classrooms and structured events/meetings)
Indoor social gatherings are limited to 50 people, and outdoor social gatherings have no maximum group size.
Must be pre-approved by the appropriate supervisor in your department. Indoor events should follow the capacity limits as listed in the 25Live Pro Scheduling system. Outdoor events have no limits for capacity. Masking is still required for all indoor events and for outdoor events that are over 500 people. Any indoor event prior to May 27 requires six foot distancing. All food and beverage needs should be coordinated with Bon Appetit using the email@example.com alias. Bon Appetit has created a specific reception menu that is both feasible for their team to produce and is mindful of COVID-19 safety precautions. Departments should keep all events on campus only.
- Residence Halls are open to inter-campus visits. The maximum number of students allowed in each room is twice the number of residents (so if two people live in a room, a maximum of four students may be gathered there). Unless the entire group is part of the same “social bubble,” you must all be masked and maintain 6 feet of physical distance when together.
- Students are encouraged to stay on campus, however they are allowed to leave to socialize or work in surrounding communities while following the Community Standards. If you need to stay overnight off campus, you must fill out this form to be reviewed and approved by Student Life so they can coordinate appropriate arrangements for quarantine and testing when you return.
- Approved visitors and essential service providers only.
- All buildings are open and functioning, but in some cases with stricter access.
- All on-campus dining areas are restricted to students only.
Continued restrictions on travel of students, faculty and staff.