Procedures for requesting travel support:
- Individual or up to two students working with a faculty member on the same or related projects, may apply for up to $1,000 of travel support each for reimbursable expenses. It is not always possible to fulfill all requests. Final awards determined in part by your financial need as measured by the Financial Aid office.
- You may submit an application at any time, but please note that they will be reviewed at particular dates. For 2018-19 those are: July 2, September 17, November 12, February 18 and April 8. You will receive a notification email within 1 week of the review date.
Complete the online CURI Student Travel Request well in advance of your conference date to allow time to make travel reservations.
- Once the proposals are reviewed (on or shortly after the deadline date), you will receive email notification from the CURI Director indicating whether your request has been funded and the amount of support you will receive. Please follow this link for instructions on reimbursement.
For group travel, the sponsoring faculty person needs to complete the online CURI Faculty Form for Group Travel
- Once the proposals are reviewed (on or shortly after the deadline), the faculty person sponsoring the travel will receive email notification from the CURI Director indicating whether the request has been funded and the amount of support the group will receive.
- In general, you are expected to make your own arrangements for airfare, lodging, conference registration, etc. However, if it is a problem for you to incur those expenses up front, you can consult with CURI staff to see whether some reservations may be made directly through the program.
- While you travel, KEEP ALL RECEIPTS – without receipts, you will not be reimbursed.