Within 30 days of Family Member’s Death:
- Health and Dental Plans:
- If you are on the St. Olaf Health and Dental Plans: Your family member loses eligibility as a dependent for health insurance on the date of death (employee needs to provide copy of death certificate).
- If you are not on St. Olaf Health and Dental Plans: You can elect to enroll in the St. Olaf Health and Dental Plans subject to pre-existing conditions. This provision will be waived if employee demonstrates that they have been covered by another group health plan for the 18 months preceding application for coverage under the St. Olaf Plan.
- Life Insurance: Your family member ceases to be an eligible dependent effective on the date death. You must remove your family member from the policy by completing a Life Insurance Change form available in the Human Resources office. Any children that you also have covered can remain on the plan.
- Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts – Enroll or change annual election.
Changes to Consider at Any Time:
- Beneficiary Changes – Human Resources has forms available to update your life insurance beneficiaries. Visit the TIAA-CREF website to update the beneficiaries of your retirement annuities.
- Update Dependents – Call the Emeriti Service Center at 1-866-363-7484 if you are a participant in the Emeriti Health Account.
- Tax Withholdings – Adjust W-4 to make changes to number of tax allowances and marital status, if desired. Use Employee Self-Service to update your withholdings and send new W-4 to the Payroll Office.