Within 90 days* of the Birth or Adoption of a Child:
*It is recommended that Health and Dental Plan changes are made within 30 days to avoid any delay in processing claims.
- Health Plan – Add child/ren by electing employee+1 or family coverage option or add as dependents if you already have family coverage. Coverage is effective on the date of birth or adoption.
Within 30 Days of the Birth or Adoption of a Child:
- Life Insurance – Obtain dependent life insurance for child/ren without evidence of good health.
- Medical Flexible Spending Account – Enroll or increase annual election.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account – Enroll or change annual election of Dependent Care flexible spending account.
Changes to Consider at Any Time:
- Beneficiary Changes – Human Resources has forms available to update your life insurance beneficiaries. Visit the TIAA-CREF website to update the beneficiaries of your retirement annuities.
- Update Dependents – Call the Emeriti Service Center at 1-866-363-7484 if you are a participant in the Emeriti Health Account.
- Tax Withholdings – Adjust W-4 to make changes to number of tax allowances, if desired. Use Employee Self-Service to update your withholdings and send new W-4 to the Payroll Office.