Within 30 days of Marriage:
- Health and Dental Plans – Add spouse by electing single +1 or family coverage option or add as dependents if you already have family coverage. Coverage is effective the first of the month coincident with or following the qualifying event.
- Life Insurance – Obtain dependent life insurance for spouse without evidence of good health.
- Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account – Enroll or change annual election.
Changes to Consider at Any Time:
- Beneficiary Changes – Human Resources has forms available to update your life insurance beneficiaries. Visit the TIAA-CREF website to update the beneficiaries of your retirement annuities.
- Update Dependents – Call the Emeriti Service Center at 1-866-363-7484 if you are a participant in the Emeriti Health Account.
- Tax Withholdings – Adjust W-4 to make changes to number of tax allowances and marital status, if desired. Use Employee Self-Service to update your withholdings and send new W-4 to the Payroll Office.
- Address Change – Use Employee Self-Service to update your address.
- Name Change – Bring your new social security card to Human Resources which will enable us to update your name in the HR/Payroll system.