Fall 2021 Off-Campus Study Programs

Fall 2021 Students

International and Off-Campus Studies is continually monitoring the COVID-19 virus and associated health warnings and travel restrictions.  We use this page to update the St. Olaf community about necessary changes to off-campus programs for the fall 2021 semester.

Which fall 2021 semester programs are cancelled?  (updated March 24, 2021)

Why are applications to the above listed programs not open?

Can I defer to the spring 2022 semester for the specific programs listed above that were cancelled for fall 2021 semester?

I planned to fulfill a specific degree requirement with my off-campus study program. What are my next steps?

• Advanced Spanish Immersion in Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • CAPA Global Cities – Study and Internship, Sydney, Australia
  • CAPA University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
  • Curtin University, Perth, Australia
  • Latin American Societies and Cultures, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand

• Borders are closed and there is no certainty as to when borders will open for 2021.
  • Services to issue passports and visas may be delayed.  The U.S. State Department is working through a backlog after only issuing/renewing passports in emergency circumstances this past summer.  Embassies and consulates for many countries may not presently be issuing student visas.  There may be additional challenges for international students with expiring or expired F-1 Student Visas, also due to services being delayed and closed.
  • Partner has suspended the program.

• You can elect to defer to spring 2022 if spring semester is offered.
  • Contact IOS Administrative Assistant, Emily Blumhoefer, for application support, blumho1@stolaf.edu

• Consult with your academic advisor and chair/program director of your major/concentration.
  • Meet with IOS Advisor, Brittan Duffing. Drop-In Advising offered Wedesndays 4pm to 5pm and Thursdays 11am to noon during interim and spring semester.  See IOS Calendar for date, time, link to join and updates to drop-in hours.  

*We will continue to monitor and post updates as necessary.