2016-17 Academic Year Off-Campus Study Participation Statistics
- 762 unique St. Olaf students participated in a total of 784 off-campus experiences. 22 students participated in two programs during the year.
- Semester participants made up 28.4% of the total, with Interim and Summer participants comprising 71.6%,
- Domestic participants made up 13.1% of the total, with 86.9% of students choosing international experiences.
Class of 2017 Off-Campus Participation
Of the 681 graduating seniors, 500 (or 73.4%) participated in at least one off-campus study program. Of those students, 186 (or 27.3%) participated in 2 or more experiences.
- International off-campus programs = 459 students, 67.4% participation
- Domestic off-campus programs = 98 students, 14.4% participation
Open Doors 2016 (based on 2014-15 participation)
The 2016 Institute of International Education Open Doors Report published in November 2016 ranked St. Olaf #1 among baccalaureate institutions (for the 8th year in a row) for total number of study abroad students with 653 participants. Note that the Open Doors Report excludes international student participants and participants in domestic off-campus study programs, so total participation as measured by IIE is lower.