2018-19 Academic Year Off-Campus Study Participation Statistics
- 856 unique St. Olaf students participated in a total of 890 off-campus experiences. 34 students participated in two programs during the year.
- 224 semester participants made up 25.2% of the total, with 666 Interim and summer participants comprising 74.8%,
- 121 domestic participants made up 13.6% of the total, with 86.4% of students choosing international experiences.
Class of 2019 Off-Campus Participation
Of the 711 graduating seniors, 504 (or 70.9%) participated in at least one off-campus study program. Of those students, 207 (or 29.1%) participated in 2 or more experiences.
- International off-campus programs = 469 students, 65.9% participation
- Domestic off-campus programs = 100 students, 14.1% participation
Open Doors 2018 (based on 2016-17 participation)
The 2018 Institute of International Education Open Doors Report published in November 2018 ranked St. Olaf #1 among baccalaureate institutions (for the 10th year in a row) for total number of study abroad students with 624 participants. Note that the Open Doors Report excludes international student participants and participants in domestic off-campus study programs, so total participation as measured by IIE is lower.