Any full or part-time student, faculty/staff, or their spouse is eligible to participate in the Intramural Sports Program, provided that the student is enrolled during that semester/block at St. Olaf. The number of faculty or staff allowed on an Intramural team is unlimited.
Members of Varsity/Junior Varsity/Club Teams: Members of varsity/junior varsity intercollegiate or club teams at St. Olaf (defined as: anyone who was rostered for a varsity/junior varsity/club game during the current academic year, including seniors who have used up their eligibility in that school year) are ineligible to participate in that same or similar sport during that sport season. Similar sports include volleyball to wallyball, baseball to softball, baseball and softball to whiffleball, football to flag football, and soccer to futsal. When those varsity sports are NOT in season, members of varsity or junior varsity intercollegiate teams may participate with the following restrictions:
- Basketball: 1 current intercollegiate/club member per Intramural team
- Volleyball/Wallyball: 1 current intercollegiate/club member per Intramural team (2’s/4’s). 2 current intercollegiate/club members per Intramurals team (6’s).
- Soccer 2 v 2: 3 current intercollegiate/club members per Intramural team. (0 intercollegiate members per Intramural team for block 1 season)
- Soccer 7 v 7: 2 current intercollegiate/club members per Intramural team
- Futsal Soccer 4 v 4: 1 current intercollegiate/club member per Intramural team
- Whiffleball: 2 current intercollegiate/club members (baseball or softball) per Intramural team
- Flag Football: 3 current intercollegiate/club members per Intramural team
- Ultimate Frisbee: 3 current female and 3 current male Club Team members per Intramural team
- Softball: 2 current intercollegiate/club members (baseball or softball) per Intramural team
All intramural teams with a varsity/junior varsity/club player on their roster MUST compete in the competitive league for that sport (if offered).
Professionals: Any individual who is classified as a professional athlete under AAU rules shall NOT be eligible to participate in that same or similar sport in which they competed as a professional for a period of one year after their last professional season. (Only one past professional athlete allowed per roster).
Playing on Multiple Teams: Players may participate as a member of multiple teams in the same sport season. However, a player may ONLY compete on 1 team in the playoffs. You must participate in at least 1 regular season contest with a team in order to be eligible for the playoffs with that team. No more than 50% of the number required to play can be on the same roster for another team in that sport. (Example: Only 2 players (2=40% of 5 players on the floor) on basketball team “A” can play on basketball team “B”.)
Ineligibility Ruling: If you or your team members break any of the above-mentioned rules, the games/matches in which you participated in may be ruled as a forfeit.