Think of YuJa as a versatile toolkit for using media for teaching and learning.
- Record lectures, including the computer screen and document camera. You can even stream them live!
- Record quick “explainer” screencasts in your office or at home.
- Students can record themselves for presentations, critique, or self-assessment.
- Use a smartphone or tablet to make recordings in the field.
- Shows multiple synchronized streams at once.
(e.g. slides or other screen content, document camera, video)
- Navigate visually or search within recordings to go straight to the relevant passages.
- Take notes within the player or discuss recordings with classmates.
- Auto-generated accessible captions.
- Create video without having to think about file formats or where to put the files.
- Recordings automatically go to the cloud, with essentially unlimited capacity.
- Embed or link to YuJa video in WordPress, email and other useful places.
- Provides a way for students to submit video assignments.
- Embed YuJa recordings in Moodle pages.
- Students are notified when new recordings are available.
- Students can upload video assignments.
- Students can discuss and comment on recordings.
But can’t you just use a camcorder?
Although some of these needs can be addressed in other ways, YuJa offers a number of key advantages that often make it the best choice.
- Widely available across St. Olaf College.
- Make recordings using your computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Provides a cloud solution for where to put your video.
- Puts video files in the cloud in the right format.
- Makes recordings searchable using text and voice recognition.
- Multi-stream: video, computer screen, document camera.
Explore the links below to learn more about using YuJa.