Setting Up a Profile and Making a Recording in Windows
YuJa allows you to create one or more recording profiles to specify what video and audio sources to use. For example, although most computers contain a built-in microphone, you will get better audio quality by using an external mic or headset. If you don’t tell YuJa which microphone to use, it will simply use the lower quality internal microphone. While sometimes you may want to record the computer screen, other times you may just want audio and video. You can set up different profiles for different recording needs.
Prior to launching the YuJa Software Station, plug in any external webcams or microphones you wish to use.
- Log in to the YuJa website using the heading My Institution’s SSO using your St. Olaf username and password.
- Select Capture & Live Stream and then select Start Capture.
- Select Start Capture. It is also possible to launch the YuJa Software Station directly from your Windows desktop by searching for YuJa Software Station in the Search bar (Windows+S).
- Enter a Title and optional Description for your recording.
- Select Save to My Media Library. If you are involved with specific courses, this is where you would tell YuJa where to publish your recordings.
- If no appropriate profile exists, follow Steps 7-10 to create a profile. If you have already created a profile, proceed to Step 11 to start a recording.
- Video is optional, toggle the switch if you do not want video. If you do want to use video, select the webcam that you want to use. Select Advanced Settings. For Resolution, select 1024×576 or the next highest resolution available. The Frame Rate should be the highest frames per second setting available. Select No for the secondary Video Source option.
- Select the microphone that you want to use. Select No for the secondary Mic Source option. Select if you want to capture the computer screen.
- Under LIVE, select Live Streaming in the off position unless you want the recording to also be streamed live.
- Enter a Profile Name in the Save As box and select the Save icon. An example of a good profile name is “Audio, Screen, Video” or “Audio and Screen”.
- Check to make sure that your capture sources are working. Select Start to begin your capture.
- There will be a three second countdown before capture begins. Use this time to load slides or pages onto the screen.
- To end your recording, select the Stop icon from the bottom right corner of your screen. You may also end your recording by using Control+Shift+F. It is also possible to Pause your recording at this point by selecting the Pause icon.
- Choose whether to Save or Delete your recording.
You can now go to the Media Library at stolaf.yuja.com to view or publish your recording.