RStudio allows users to operate multiple sessions at one time. A session contains its own separate Source, Console, Environment/ History, and Miscellaneous tabs. In order to manage multiple RStudio sessions at one time, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to RStudio using the RStudio Server Login page. Remember that you must be connected to the eduroam network for RStudio to work.
- Select Session and then select New Session.
- Select Start.
- Your computer may have popup blockers in place. If this is the case and you get an error message, select Try Again.
- A new tab will open with a new RStudio session.
- In order to switch between your RStudio sessions, select Sessions in the upper right-hand corner of RStudio.
- A list of all your current RStudio sessions will appear. Select the Session you wish to work in.
- Your RStudio Session will open up in the same tab you are currently working in.