How do I start editing my course?
- Navigate to your course homepage.
- Select the Turn editing on button in the upper right corner of your Moodle site. Now you will see that more editing icons appear in the center section of your page. A link in the Navigation block is also available.
How do I change the basic settings for my course site?
(Weekly or topic center sections? The number of sections? The course start date? Making the course available or unavailable to students?)
- Find the tools icon on the top right corner of the page, click on the drop down menu and select Edit settings.
- On this Edit course settings page, you can make changes to the basic setup of your course. You can change the following:
- Course name
- Visibility: Make the course visible or invisible to students. If courses are visible to students, they will appear as a gold link in your list of courses. However, if courses are invisible to students, they will appear in gray print in your list of courses.
- Date the course starts : Choose the Monday of the week that classes start.
- Course format: Be sure to choose a useful section format.
- Number of weeks/topics
- Group settings: Select separate groups if you have a metacourse or if you use group activities.
- … and much more that will be described later.
- Be sure to choose the Save changes button when you are finished.
Before you continue editing your Moodle course, consider design best practices to optimize its ease of use and visual appeal.