Some scholars may find it advantageous to apply for an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). According to the ESTA website, you may be eligible for an ESTA if you meet these requirements.
- You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
- You are currently not in possession of a visitor’s visa.
- Your travel is for 90 days or less.
- You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
- You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons.
- Valid passport from a Visa Waiver Program country.
- Valid credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover (JCB, Diners Club)) to pay US $14 per application.
- Your contact information.
- Your most recent employment information, if applicable.
Every effort has been made to update the information above, but keep in mind that State Department policies are subject to change without notice.