This program is designed for college seniors or recently graduated college students who are serious about study and preparation for graduate school in a related filed. Participants are required to meet with Professor Gordon Marino on a daily basis and attend scholar seminars outside of class time. In-depth study of a chosen Kierkegaard text or other topic will be the focus as well as Professor Marino’s mentorship for the scholar’s own research. Housing is provided on campus, all other expenses are the responsibility of the young scholar.
The Young Scholars Program dates for 2018 are June 12 – July 3, provided that a core of students express interest and apply by March 15. The Eighth Kierkegaard Conference will be held June 13 – 17th and Young Scholars are required to attend the conference. When registering, you can choose the non-residential option as you will already be housed in Rand Hall. Choice of the banquet only or a full full meal package is your personal choice. More information about the conference can be found on the tab at the right.
Scroll to the bottom to see last summer’s participants.
How to apply:
For full consideration, send electronic copies of the following to Eileen Shimota as soon as your area of interest is established and not later than March 15 for the following summer. Sometimes later applications can be accepted for this program depending on interest.
- A resume.
- A research proposal, 1-2 pages in length focusing on area of interest in your research
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUNG SCHOLARS PROGRAM – 2018
- Hein Bui, United Kingdom
- Madison Grainger, United States
- Laura Howard, United States
- Mattias Kostov, United States
- Martin Malotky, United States
- Michael Mao, United States
- Carlos Morales, Mexico
- Elizabeth Munoz-Huber, United States
- Brandon Rakowski, United States
- Luke Range, United States
- Alexander Stooshinoff, Canada
- Ripley Stroud, United States
- Noah Valdez, United States
- Michael Villanova, United States