General Guidelines for all Official Music Department Recitals
- Follow the policies and procedures provided in this handbook (Recital Guidelines I-V).
- Official Music Department Recitals include weekly Student Recitals, Junior and Senior Recitals that fulfill a degree requirement, recitals by any senior student taking lessons in the semester of the performance, and Chamber Recitals (e.g. Brass Night, Woodwind Night), Composition (e.g. Fresh Ink), and Advanced Conducting Recitals (See I-III).
- See IV below for sign up schedule for Junior and Senior Recitals.
- Students must be taking lessons from a St. Olaf Music Department faculty member in the medium in which they will perform in order to perform in an official recital.
- Chamber Recitals, Composition, and Advanced Conducting Recital participants must be under the mentorship of a music faculty.
- No two official Music Department events may be scheduled at the same time.
- For space availability, check the r25 Room Reservations WebViewer. Room reservation requests are submitted through this link.
IMPORTANT! Before planning or scheduling any recital performance, see the Collaborative Pianist section for information.