The college community and the public are welcome to use the St. Olaf Natural Lands throughout the year. As an educational institution we encourage the the use of the lands for field trips and projects. A Project Permit, as described below, is required for class or research projects.
Rules of Use
The college community and the general public are welcome to use the St. Olaf Natural Lands throughout the year.
Please follow these simple rules for your safety and enjoyment:
1. Keep your dogs on a leash or under strict voice control. Please stay on trails and remove droppings from trails. Field dog training is not permitted.
2. No motorized vehicles allowed except for maintenance, emergencies or with special permission.
3. No camping or fires permitted.
4. No hunting allowed. No collection of plants, animals or soils without permission.
If you are visiting Norway Valley, please be aware of these additional rules:
5. No bicycles on trails
6. No tapping of sugar maple trees
In case of emergency, call Public Safety 507 786-3666 or 911.