Students should consult with the Nursing Department Chair, Dr. Susan Huehn (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to express an interest in the completion of a nursing major. The nursing major begins in the spring semester of the sophomore year.
Four prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the fall semester of the sophomore year. Seek advising assistance to select courses prerequisite to the nursing major. Please also review the Nursing Planning Sheet for assistance with your planning process.
- Application for admission to the nursing major is done in the fall semester of the sophomore year. Applicant will, by appointment, complete an interview with nursing faculty.
- Conditional acceptance to the nursing major will be considered based on certain criteria.
- Conditional acceptance to the nursing major will become final if students meet certain criteria at the end of the sophomore year.
- Students will be notified of their conditional acceptance to the nursing major by a letter from the nursing department chair during the January Interim following application to the nursing major.
- Students not accepted may choose to be placed on a waiting list and will be notified of their rank on that list. If openings occur, admission will be offered to waiting list students by rank, highest rank first.
- Students on the waiting list may also reapply for admission to the nursing major the following year. They will be considered in the next pool of applicants but will not be given advantage or guaranteed admission because they apply a second time.
Please refer to the St. Olaf Academic Catalog for information pertaining to the requirements and criteria for admission to the nursing major.