Students who did not apply or who were not selected for first-year direct admission may apply for admission to the nursing major during the first semester of their sophomore year at St. Olaf College.
Please view the Application to the Nursing Major information sheet. This form outlines GPA requirements and other criteria pertinent to conditional acceptance in the nursing major.
Application to the Nursing Major
Students should consult with the Nursing Department Chair as soon as possible to express an interest in the completion of the nursing major. Seek advising assistance to select courses prerequisite to the nursing major. Four prerequisite courses MUST be completed by the end of the fall semester of the sophomore year. The nursing major begins in the spring semester of the sophomore year.
- Students not accepted may choose to be placed on a waiting list (you will be notified of your rank).
- If openings occur, admission will be offered to waitlisted students by rank (highest rank first).
- Students not accepted may appeal the admission decision to the Dean of the College.
- Waitlisted students may reapply for admission to the nursing major the following year.
- Students reapplying will be considered in the next pool of applicants but will not be guaranteed admission because they apply a second time.
Students needing accommodations who have a documented disability for which accommodations have been provided by Disability and Access (DAC), service of Center for Academic Advising and Support (CAAS), should contact the Department of Nursing. Accommodations will only be provided after a letter from DAC is submitted to the Department of Nursing chair with sufficient lead-time to arrange accommodations.