Some programs list specific questions that applicants are required to address in their essay.
If a program does not ask you to answer specific questions, consider including answers to the following questions in your personal statement:
- How did your interest in this area of study evolve?
- What led you to the point of applying for graduate/professional school?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- How will your graduate/professional education help you achieve these goals?
- What experiences have you had or what skills/traits do you possess that will make you successful in this program and in the career field?
- Why are you applying to this particular school?