Quo Vadis is a unique opportunity for sophomores to step away from campus for 24 hours to reflect on who they are and where they are going within a supportive community of fellow students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
Quo Vadis will take place October 20-21, 2023 at Camp Ihduhapi.
Registration will open here in September 2023
Registration is required and is limited to 100 sophomores!
“It was an opportunity to reflect on my current college experience and my future in a relaxed and open setting allowed me to get into a new, more positive mindset in regards to my life and my future.” — Anna Barnard ’21
What is the Quo Vadis Retreat?
Quo Vadis means “where are you going?” The annual Quo Vadis Retreat offers St. Olaf sophomores a unique opportunity to step away from campus to reflect on where you have been, who you are, and where you are going within a supportive community. It’s fun, completely free and includes the following components:
- Short talks from student leaders, staff and faculty
- Small group conversation facilitated by student leaders
- Young alumni panel and lunch conversation
- Information about internships, research, jobs, and other meaningful opportunities
- Time to relax, reflect, and enjoy the outdoors
- Make time for yourself
- Explore the values, relationships, issues and interests that are important to you
- Gain insights about yourself, what you want to do with your life, and which major(s) you want to pursue (even if you already know)
- Gain confidence and reduce anxiety about the future
- Make connections with other sophomores and people who want to help you grow as a person and achieve your goals
- Lodging will be provided in heated camper cabins (10 bunks/cabin) at Camp Ihduhapi in Loretto, MN.
- Transportation will be provided in charter buses.
- Food provided (with options for those with dietary restrictions)
- Sponsored by the Piper Center for Vocation and Career
- 14 juniors and seniors will volunteer as small group facilitators
- Cost: Free
- Register to attend Quo Vadis [AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2022] – Registration is required and will be limited to the first 100 sophomores who complete their registration.
What if I Cannot Attend the Retreat?
The Quo Vadis Retreat is not the only opportunity for sophomores to explore these topics. Piper Center staff are eager to help all students reflect on their values, interests and skills; discern their vocations and explore career options. Please stop by the Piper Center to learn more.
Questions? Contact Kristi Kehrwald Adair, Associate Director, Piper Center for Vocation & Career (firstname.lastname@example.org).