Bomb Threat Checklist (copy)
IF YOU RECEIVE A BOMB THREAT CALL:
- Record the date, time and caller ID number on the display.
- Obtain as much information from the caller as possible by using the Bomb Threat Checklist (see below or click on link for a downloadable PDF).
- Call Public Safety x3666 immediately after receiving the threat.
- Public Safety will initiate emergency response procedures.
- Assist emergency responders with an orderly evacuation ONLY when ordered by responders.
- Date and time of call
- Caller’s number
- Sex of caller
- When will the bomb explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your address?
- What is your name?
- Exact wording of the threat
Is the caller’s voice:
Can you identify background noise?
- Street noise
- PA System