Campus Closing/Late Start Procedure (copy)
In the event of a winter snow/ice storm that exceeds the ability of the St. Olaf College Grounds Department to maintain safe passage on the campus, the following policy shall be in effect:
- The Grounds Manager shall notify the Assistant Vice President for Facilities and the Provost when snow or storm conditions reach unmanageable levels on campus.
- The Provost (or designee), in consultation with the Assistant Vice President for Facilities and the Grounds Manager, will assess the situation and make a recommendation to the President to hold classes as normal, consider a late start or close the college.
- The President (or designee) shall be the only person to give the order to begin classes late or close the college.
- If classes are to begin late or the college will be closed, the college will issue an Ole Alert and an all-campus e-mail to notify community members of the decision. Public notifications will be made on KYMN radio and WCCO tv/radio.
- Certain employees may be required to work in spite of the weather in order to provide necessary services for our residential students. Only essential personnel, who are requested to come to work by their supervisors, are to report for work.