STORP will be closed for the remainder of the semester due to construction in the lower hallway of Tostrud in preparation for the ice arena opening Jan. 1. Storp will reopen Thursday, Jan 3.
STORP, the St. Olaf Outdoor Recreation Program, offers rental gear for students, faculty and staff at low cost for use during the week, on weekends, or over school breaks. STORP is located in the lower level of Tostrud, at the end of the hallway by the weight room.
Hours: Monday and Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
STORP offers a variety of gear for a range of activities including:
Participants may check out outdoor equipment, such as Nordic Ski packages (skis, boots, and poles), snowshoes, tents, sleeping bags, frisbee golf discs, backpacks, cookware, stoves, and other camping supplies at minimal cost.
Our Camping Gear list includes tents, sleeping bags (liners included), sleeping pads, cooking pots, fry pans, stoves (fuel for purchase), spatula, big spoon, cutting board, water container and bucket, headlamps (provide your own batteries), backpacks, tarps.
For more information about STORP, contact Judy Tegtmeyer, Director of Recreation.
- STORP is open 4-6 p.m. on Monday and Thursday: Plan accordingly!
- Equipment that is checked out must be returned the next time we are open (i.e. if something is checked out Friday, it is due Monday).
- Bring a blank check, cash, or a department account number for the deposit cost as well as a St. Olaf ID, this deposit will be returned to you pending the safe, undamaged return of all equipment on the correct day.Sorry, no credit cards accepted.All equipment rental check-outs require a demonstration to ensure that equipment is functional and demonstrate proper use. All returns require a check-in setup with customer present to ensure no damages.
- There is a small fee for equipment checked out over breaks.
- Sign and review your rental form!
- There is a $2 late fee (per item, per day) for all equipment turned in late.
- There is also a repair or replacement cost determined by the original price of the item, so please take care of the equipment.
- We will now be charging a $5 fee for tents that are returned dirty, so please clean and dry your tents before returning them!
- Group or individual reservations are available, but remember, whomever makes the deposit payment is responsible for returning all equipment in good condition and on time. Keep the late fees in mind!
Students rent for free (except over breaks), and still must have a deposit fee.
Price (1-3 days)
Break (4 days or more)
|Item Name||Faculty/Staff||Break Price||Deposit Cost|
|Sleeping bag Stuff Sack||$0||$0||$5.00|
|Polar Fleece Bag Liner||$5||$8||$14.00|
|Stuff Sack (size)||$1||$3||$4.00|
|Eureka 4 Person Tent||$5||$12||$75.00|
|Tarp (Blue-coated nylon, 8×10)||$3||$5||$3.00|
|Tarp (Royal nylon, 10×12)||$5||$10||$25.00|
|MSR Pocket Rocket Stoves||$5||$10||$20.00|
|Individual Pot (size, L or M)||$2||$3||$8.00|
|Stainless Steel Frying Pan||$3||$3||$9.00|
|Women’s McKinley Pack||$5||$10||$35.00|
|McKinley (size, L or M)||$5||$10||$35.00|
|Wilderness (size, L or M)||$5||$10||$46.00|
|Duffel Bag (size, L or M)||$5||$6||$20.00|
|X-Country Ski Set||$8||$12||$125.00|
Items For Sale:
Soup bowls: $1.00
Soup spoons: $1.00
Fuel Cartridge: $5.00