INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTING GRADES
SPRING TERM, 2016-17
FOR SENIOR GRADES:
Check all courses for seniors; do not assume that you have no seniors in a course. You can submit grades for some members of a course (such as seniors) without having to complete and submit all grades at once. Remember to submit, not just save the grades!
Spring Semester 2016-17:
- IS, IR, Internships and SPM grades are due at 4PM on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
- CIS project grades are due no later than Thursday, May 18, 2016.
All senior grades are due 24 hours after the end of the course’s final exam; the absolute deadline for all senior grades is NOON, Wednesday, May 24, 2017. No exceptions.
Complete cooperation with this deadline is crucial to our ability to have everything ready for commencement. Thank you.
All non-senior grades are due no later than 9:00 a.m. on Monday, June 5, 2017.
FINAL EXAM POLICY AND SCHEDULE:
- Schedule: https://wp.stolaf.edu/registrar/spring-semester-final-exam-schedule/
- Policy: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-regulations-procedures/final-examinations/
This message contains all the information you need in order to submit your grades successfully.
1. Go to the SIS login page (also available from the Registrar’s web site);
2. Log in using your regular St. Olaf username and password;
3. From the menu on the left-hand side under “Faculty,” click on “Courses”
You should see your list of courses by year and term. Find the correct course; follow these steps for all listed courses, IS/IR/Internships.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, pull down the menu, click on “Grades,” then click “Go.” (If you don’t see this column, scroll over to the right using the scroll bar at the bottom of your page.)
- Note: Seniors are indicated by a “Y” under senior.
- You will see your class roster with, to the right, pull-down menus for each student.
- Enter your grades in the grades column by pulling down each menu and clicking on the appropriate grade.
- Be deliberate about choosing the correct grade! If you discover that you have submitted the wrong grade, use the “CHANGE” button next to that student’s grade.
- Please verify carefully that you have chosen the correct grade for each student.
4. When you are done entering your grades you will see two buttons at the bottom of the page:
SAVE DRAFT – use this if you wish to save what you have entered but are not done entering all your grades or wish to think about them. Remember to go back later and submit your grades!
SUBMIT – use this button to officially submit grades. You may submit some grades for a course even if you have not completed all the grades for that course, then complete the rest later.
5. Once you submit your grades, you will receive an email that will allow you to confirm the accuracy of your submitted grades. Please do this.
6. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THAT YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A GRADE FOR EVERY SENIOR/STUDENT IN EVERY COURSE / IS / IR / INTERNSHIP YOU ARE TEACHING/SUPERVISING BEFORE THE DEADLINE!
- From your SIS courses page, pull up the grades option and check that all grades are listed.
- If a student is on your roster, you must give a grade.
- If a student is not on your roster but has been attending, you will be unable to give a grade.
- Discrepancies between your roster and your actual students should have been resolved by now.
See: http://catalog.stolaf.edu/academic-regulations-procedures/grades/#incompletes for policy on incompletes.
- On the SIS grading page, if a student has been authorized for an incomplete through the Dean of Students office, the grade of “I” will already show. If it does not, either the Incomplete is in process or the student has not contacted the Dean of Students Office.
- If you believe a student should have been authorized but is not, please contact Steve McKelvey at email@example.com
If a student withdrew from the college or withdrew from a course after the last day to drop, the student remains on your course list. You will see a status of “W.”
If a student has been auditing your course, you will see two options for a grade:
- S: successful audit (the student has completed the work that you and s/he agreed to when you filled out the audit form at the beginning of the term)
- U: unsuccessful audit (the student did not complete all of the agreed-to work)
GRADE of F:
- If you give a grade of “F”, a separate form will need to be filled out to indicate the reason for the “F”
- This information is important, because it is used for financial aid purposes.
- If this doesn’t work (say, on your computer from home), check to make sure your computer enables pop-ups.
WORLD LANGUAGE INSTRUCTORS:
- If you give a grade that requires a grade report form, please complete the pop-up form that will appear on your screen.
Keep in mind that once you submit your grades, they will post immediately to the student record and your (former) students will be able to see them.
Once you have submitted your grades, if you find that you have made an error, use the “CHANGE” button next to the student’s grade.