St. Olaf Travel Policy can be read, in detail, here.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL for Student Organizations
International travel is possible. If the destination is NOT a US State Department Travel Warning Country, please complete the same Trip Itinerary Form as domestic trips, but complete the International Trip waiver. The permission request form must be submitted 3 months prior to travel.
Student organizations considering travel to a country with State Department Travel Warnings shall complete the following:
- Registered student organizations can apply for special approval by submitting this form. (3 months in advance)
- Office of Student Activities staff shares the completed form with the campus review committee.
- If approved, staff notifies the student organization leaders.
- Organization student leaders complete the International waivers and submit, along with Group Itinerary Form, to the Office of Student Activities.
- Rosters and trip details to be forwarded to Public Safety and the Dean of Student’s office upon receipt.
- Student/participants should attend IOS International Orientation prior to departure.
- Student leader meets with Director of Student Activities for final review of trip.
- Any special needs, such as luggage storage, early building access, etc. should be arranged minimum 2 weeks in advance.
See the U.S. Department of State’s website.