Due to the double occupancy and limited space of the St. Olaf College student post office boxes, there are restrictions for stuffing. These restrictions are:
- Only St. Olaf College sponsored items may be mass stuffed. Sponsoring group must be listed on the stuffed item.
- Paper must NOT be smaller than 1/4 sheet of paper.
- Non-St. Olaf College sponsored articles such as campaign flyers, advertisements, or items for sale must be individually labeled with the student/staff/faculty name and stuffed by the responsible party.
- All materials sent through campus mail should be alphabetized and bundled. Please keep faculty/staff mail separate from student mail.
- Large stuffings should be done by the responsible department staff. Since morning hours are quite busy with distributing US mail, departmental staff will be allowed into the post office after 1pm.
Stuffing off-campus residential mailboxes is illegal. No part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail. Please visit US Post Office for more information. Please refer to the following policies for details. Except under3.2.11, Newspaper Receptacle, the receptacles described in 3.1.1 may be used only for matter bearing postage. Other than as permitted by 3.2.10, Delivery of Unstamped Newspapers, or 3.2.11,It is always best to have something more than just a piece of paper for this attach candy, a small toy, or something to promote your event.