Hiawathaland Transit is public transportation, providing daytime transportation services to locations within the city limits of the City of Northfield. Hiawathaland Transit has established routes that service the majority of the city limits. Riders may get on the route at their own discretion. Please see map for route stop locations and times. Normal route service is free with a St. Olaf ID.
A Dial-A-Ride bus is also available in Northfield. St. Olaf students can pick up Dial-A-Ride tokens at the Bookstore for $1.25. To schedule a ride, call the dispatch center at (866)-623-7505 between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:15 PM Monday thru Friday or between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Saturday.
The St. Olaf stop is the circle drive of Buntrock Commons.
The Carleton stop is at Sayles-Hill Campus Center
The Red and Blues routes run Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Dial-a-Ride runs Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM; Saturday, 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Additional Dial-a-ride Information
- Each bus is handicap accessible. Assistants accompanying a person with disabilities ride FREE.
- Drivers do not assist individuals into homes, apartment buildings or businesses.
- Tokens or punch passes are encouraged. Drivers DO NOT make change.
- Passengers are required to pay their fare BEFORE their ride and will be charged for any no-call no-shows.
- Buses DO NOT enter trailer/mobile parks, apartment complexes, or other multi-use/multi-family dwellings.
- No food, beverages, or smoking on the bus.
- Due to space and safety concerns there is a 2 bag limit on all buses.
Hiawathaland Transit is administered by Three Rivers Community Action, Inc.
TTY—MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529