Hiawathaland Transit is public transportation, providing daytime transportation services to locations within the city limits of the City of Northfield.
St. Olaf students can pick up Dial-A-Ride tokens at the Bookstore for $1.25; route service is Free with a St. Olaf ID.
Hiawathaland Transit has established routes that service the majority of the city limits. Riders may get on the route at their own discretion. Please see map for route stop locations and times. A Dial-A-Ride bus is also available in Northfield.
To schedule a ride: call the dispatch center between the hours of 6:00 am and 6:15 pm Monday thru Friday or between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm on Saturday.
Regular Service Hours:
Routes: Monday-Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm
Dial-a-Ride: Monday-Saturday 7:00am-5:00pm
Service Locations at the Colleges:
St. Olaf – Buntrock Commons
Carleton – Sayles-Hill Campus Center
- Each bus is handicap accessible. Assistants accompanying a person with disabilities ride FREE.
- Drivers do not assist individuals into homes, apartment buildings or businesses.
- Tokens or punch passes are encouraged. Drivers DO NOT make change.
- Passengers are required to pay their fare BEFORE their ride and will be charged for any no-call no-shows.
- Buses DO NOT enter trailer/mobile parks, apartment complexes, or other multi-use/multi-family dwellings.
- No food, beverages or smoking on the bus.
- Due to space and safety concerns there is a 2 BAG LIMIT on all buses.
Hiawathaland Transit is administered by Three Rivers Community Action, Inc.
TTY—MN Relay Service