If the ride is not needed (sick, schedule change, etc) CANCEL the ride ASAP.
- Same day cancel: call 507-291-6168 and leave a detailed message if it goes to voicemail.
- Prior to 8 pm the night before your scheduled trip: email, with details, to email@example.com so the scheduler may take you off the schedule.
Catch the Van-GO! Outside Buntrock Commons.
- The driver will take St. Olaf students to: community service sites, off-campus student-work assignments, student teaching, classes at Carleton, and medical/dental/therapy appointments in town.
- Monday—Friday, 7am – 6pm
1) Have a recurring trip in Northfield? (weekly job, appointment, meeting, etc.)
- Make online reservations before 8pm, a minimum of a DAY PRIOR to when you need a ride.
- Van-GO! needs to have all rides requested in a day in advance in order to make schedules for the next day.
- Students will receive an email confirmation for each email requested trip received prior to 8pm of the night before.
- This updated site will include a daily existing timetable of scheduled trips to and from Buntrock, that you can request to be added to.
- Or, if there is nothing ‘around’ your time, indicate so and you can initiate a new trip.
- PLEASE SINCERELY ATTEMPT TO MERGE WITH OTHER STUDENTS, WHENEVER POSSIBLE, IN THE INTEREST OF CONSERVING RESOURCES THROUGH CONSOLIDATION.
- Three no-shows (not showing up without communicating cancellation ahead of time) for a recurring ride will result in the loss of the remaining rides scheduled in that series.
2) Just need to go somewhere once?
- Make online reservations before 8pm, a minimum of a DAY PRIOR to when you need a ride. Van-GO! needs to have all rides requested in a day in advance in order to make schedules for the next day.
- Students will receive an email confirmation for each email requested trip received prior to 9pm of the night before.
All last minute urgent needs (medical etc.) are understandable and will be treated with due respect.
- For more information or inquiries, you can contact Van-Go! through this link or by email
- Call: 507-291-6168 for emergency situations only
- Students must use campus email (stolaf.edu) address for an online appointment.
- Check with the driver and show an Ole Card when the vehicle is present.
- Track the location of the vehicle via their webpage. Visible GPS tracking available during scheduled hours.
- Make arrangements for a pick-up with the driver before you exit the vehicle.
- The driver will not take riders to dine or shop. Take The Local Express for that.
(Students can use Northfield HiawathaLand Transit route service anytime by showing an Ole Card.)
Starting date: Thursday, September 7, 2017
Ending date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 (noon)
No service: Wed – Friday, November 27-29, 2017 (Thanksgiving Break)
Last day for semester: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 (noon)
Starting date: Tuesday, January 3, 2018 Ending date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Interim Break: No Service.
Starting date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
No service: Monday through Monday, March 26 – April 2, 2018 (Spring Break plus day after Easter)
Ending date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 (noon)
Coordinated through the Office of Student Activities, 507-786-3999. Please make suggestions and offer feedback.