St. Olaf has a fleet of vehicles which are available for official business of the college. These are available to faculty, staff and registered student organizations. Vehicles in the fleet include:
- 8 Minivans (7 passengers total) – $.50 a mile
- 1 Chevy Traverse with all wheel drive and 5,200 pound towing capacity (8 passengers total) – $.65 a mile
Travel groups of 15 or more are encouraged to utilize a chartered bus if the travel distance is greater than 50 miles one-way. Northfield Lines is a trusted, local, transportation vendor:
Click here to request a free quote. A transportation specialist will get back to you shortly with more information.
If at any time you need personal assistance, please call Northfield Lines, 651-203-8888.
Mileage rate includes gasoline, insurance and maintenance. (*Charges are subject to change.)
A cancellation charge of $25 will be assessed if your request is not cancelled within 24 hours of reservation.
Local trips are charged a $25 minimum fee.
Anyone driving a college vehicle must be at least 20 years old, must be on the approved drivers list, which includes passing a motor-vehicle background check and maintaining the online Alert Driver safety training program certification that must be renewed every two years. Interested in the training? Go here.
Vehicles will not be reserved/checked out without a department unit number.
Trips leaving before 9:00 am on Saturday or Sunday must pick up key packets the night before.
To reserve a vehicle, email the Buntrock Commons Scheduling Office and include:
- Preferred size of vehicle
- Number of people traveling
- Date and Time of Departure
- Date and Time of Return
- Driver’s name (and cell number, if known)
- Department Name and Unit number for the charge
Key packets can be picked up at:
- Buntrock Information Desk – during the academic year.
- Buntrock Scheduling Office – Summer
All college vehicles are parked in the lot on the west side of Tostrud.
If a college vehicle is not available:
Faculty/Staff: Please call our preferred rental car vendor, Enterprise Rent-a-Car. Their local address is: 150 Water Street S, Northfield, and their phone number is (507) 664-9944. Further information can be found here.
Students: OSA@stolaf.edu (Office of Student Activities) can arrange for you to rent from Enterprise, or by using this link: https://wp.stolaf.edu/sa/transportation/enterprise-rentals/
- The College disallows the rentals of 12 passenger vans through Enterprise, or other rental car companies.
- Charges vary according to size.
- With rental vehicles, gas is over and above the regular charge.
- Driver requirements are the same, except drivers must be 21 in order to drive an Enterprise vehicle.
- Cancellation of rental vehicles must be made at least 48 hours prior to scheduled use or a cancellation charge will be incurred.
- There will be a $50 fee applied to each rental cancelled within 24hrs of the pickup time.