New Zealand is a densely packed land of vast beauty, with diverse geographic regions that we will experience as we travel across the North and South Islands over 16 days.
Our program begins in Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand and home to almost one third of the country’s population. On our journey south we will see a volcanic plateau, precious rainforests, grinding glaciers, dense forests, lovely waterfalls, spouting geysers, boiling mud, picturesque fjords, rugged mountains, and miles of sandy and jagged shoreline. In addition, we will learn about the Maori culture, sheep farms, breweries, and visit Hobbiton and Te Papa Museum.
Designed to be a more physically active program, voluntary activities include walking to the top of an extinct volcano, whale watching, snorkeling, biking, kayaking, hiking, and riding a helicopter and gondola. The program ends in Queenstown. Maximum group size is 24 and with such an enticing itinerary, we expect the program to fill quickly.
- Travel to the top of the Auckland Skytower
- Guided tour of Rangitoto Island
- Sheep Farm Tour
- Visit to the Film Set of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings
- Bike ride through the Redwood Forest
- Te Puia geothermal park and Arts and Craft Centre
- Maori Cultural Evening and Hangi
- Kiwi encounter
- Huka Falls
- Te Papa Museum guided tour
- Cable car ride
- Zealandia Eco-Sanctuary twilight tour
- Whale watching or snorkeling with dolphins in Kaikoura
- Kayaking in Abel Tasman National Park
- Helicopter flight and Glacier Walk
- Winery tour and wine tasting
- Dart River tour in Queenstown
- Cruise through Doubtful Sound
- Kayaking or nature walk in Doubtful Sound
- Gondola Ride and buffet dinner
See the current Itinerary (subject to change).