From the evolutionarily isolated island of Madagascar, to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, we’ll explore both culture and nature.
The optional pre-extension is an opportunity to discover little-known places of breathtaking natural beauty and endemic flora and fauna. From Antananarivo in Madagascar, we travel to Vakona Forest Lodge on the edge Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, where we devote two days to observing the abundant and unique wildlife of the region: lemurs, of course, and also a remarkable variety of bird species.
Embark with PONANT on a brand-new expedition cruise to the “Vanilla Islands,” from Madagascar to the Seychelles. This 10-day itinerary aboard Le Bougainville will be an opportunity to discover little-known places of breathtaking natural beauty, an original fauna and flora, as well as meet the locals.
Set sail from Madagascar, the island continent, in Nosy Be, known for its beautiful old-growth forests where rosewood, camphor and ylang-ylang trees thrive.
We’ll then reach the Glorioso Islands, part of the Scattered Islands. This beautiful archipelago with very few inhabitants is home to exceptional fauna and flora including, in particular, marine turtles.
Then we explore the small islands of Astove and Alphonse, where we’ll have the opportunity to come face to face with abundant marine life.
Before disembarking in Victoria on the island of Mahé, we’ll call at Praslin. Don’t miss the chance to visit the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve. There we’ll find sea coconuts, gigantic endemic fruits with a very evocative shape, nicknamed the “love nut.”
- Discover the Seychelles, the Scattered Islands and Madagascar, all on the one same cruise
- Outings and shore visits in Zodiac® inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: the Vallée de Mai nature reserve in Praslin
- Encounters with locals
- A variety of idyllic landscapes: atolls, coral reefs, lagoons, granite landscapes, white-sand beaches, a rich and preserved fauna and flora
- Discover the Glorioso Islands, a geological sanctuary with nature reserve status since 1975
- Onboard diving instructor who will assist in arranging unforgettable snorkel outings and dives. Or, you can kick back on the deck and refresh before another day’s exploration
See the Itinerary, including the optional pre-cruise program.
The encounters with the wildlife described above illustrate possible experiences only and cannot be guaranteed.