We invite you to explore with us the picturesque Mediterranean!
Embark in Venice and set sail for Split. Explore Split’s UNESCO-listed Old Town or go local and cook coastal cuisine with Croatian villagers. Take a tuk-tuk ride around the Bay of Kotor. Visit Taormina and marvel at the famous Greek theater and the stunning views of Mt. Etna. Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables along the Amalfi coast. In Rome, get your fill of Italian Renaissance art and architecture. See the towering remains of the ancient Roman Empire. Before journey’s end in Barcelona, indulge your romantic side in France as you drink café au lait in Marseille’s sidewalk bistros.
Oceania Cruises offer an elegant yet relaxing on-board atmosphere with a wide variety of shore excursions.
April 13 Depart U.S. for Italy
Venice, Italy Trieste, Italy Due to the ongoing governmental prohibition of cruise ships within Venice, Oceania has replaced the port of Venice with Trieste, Italy
April 15 Split, Croatia
April 16 Kotor, Montenegro
April 17 Igoumenitsa, Greece
April 18 Argostoli, Greece
April 19 Taormina, Sicily, Italy
April 20 Amalfi, Italy
April 21 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy
April 22 Villefranche, France
April 23 Marseille (Provence), France
April 24 Barcelona, Spain
Expect a combination of comfort, adventure, and stress-free sailing. With a multimillion-dollar refurbishment completed in 2020, these ships exude warmth and intimacy, from the stunning Grand Staircase to the spacious suites and staterooms outfitted with designer fabrics.
Designed to please those who love fine dining, Riviera also offers exceptional dining options. You can enjoy The Finest Cuisine at Sea™, developed by Master Chef Jacques Pepin, in six open-seating restaurants at no additional charge. Private dining is available in La Reserve by Wine Spectator, featuring wine seminars, tastings, and enlightening dinner pairings.
- This is a more intimate ship than most ocean-going vessels, catering to just 1,250 guests
- Multimillion-dollar upgrades in 2020
- Staff-to-guest ratio of 1:1.57, ensuring attentive service
- Enhanced health and safety protocols developed in partnership with the CDC. See more information at www.oceaniacruises.com/health
- All-new Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center, offering holistic wellness
- Heated pool, 3 whirlpool spas, and fitness center
- Epicurean enrichment programs, including immersive Culinary Discovery Tours™ and The Culinary Center cooking school at sea
- Hands-on instruction from artists-in-residence at the Artist Loft
- Resort casual ambience—tuxedos and gowns are never required
See the Riviera Deck Plan.
St. Olaf recommends that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the definition of which includes any recommended boosters for your age or health group, before departure. You should plan on seeing your family physician or a travel doctor at least four to six weeks prior to departure, preferably earlier, to talk about recommended vaccinations for this destination. For more information on travel health, visit cdc.gov or who.int. The travel insurance included with your program fee covers illness overseas, including covid. You can read more, including the full FAQ and a Summary document, on our Travel Insurance page.
Program fees vary by cabin level. There’s a lot included on this cruise:
- Hosting by David Anderson and Priscilla Paton, including during any shared shore excursions, a reception, and dinner
- 10 nights aboard Riviera
- Round-trip airfare (an air credit is available if you wish to book your own flights)
- Airport-ship transfers (if transferring on group travel dates)
- All meals on board (meals during shore excursions are generally not included)
- Free internet
- CHOICE of 3 free shore excursions, a free beverage package, or $300 shipboard credit, per-person
- Some limited travel insurance
STATEROOM & SUITE FARES
Deluxe Ocean View
Participants are solely responsible for all expenses not specifically included in the program fee. Examples of excluded expenses are: Airport transfers in your hometown • Any passport and visa fees • Any recommended immunizations or vaccinations • Baggage and trip cancellation insurance • Laundry • Dry cleaning • Phone charges • Room service or other items of a personal nature • Expenses incurred during free time or non-group activities • Items not specifically listed above in inclusions.
This schedule is based on payments St. Olaf College must make to program vendors to guarantee group rates. We highly recommend that you purchase additional trip cancellation insurance at the time of registration to recover your payments should you need to withdraw from the program.
Because of ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, it is possible that a program could be postponed. In such a case, while we will strive to make full refunds when we can, there are certain expenses that may not be refunded to either St. Olaf or the participant.
Deposit due: $750 upon registration
Final payment is due December 1, 2022 (updated 8/22/22)
Refunds and Cancellation
121 days or more = No Penalty, Full Refund
120-91 days = $250 per person
90-76 days = 25% of total fare
75-61 days = 50% of total fare
60-31 days = 75% of total fare
30-0 days = 100% of total fare
Cancellations must be in writing.
Discover the highlights of these two cities that you might otherwise miss. These carefully crafted programs include an ideally located hotel, specially arranged sightseeing tours featuring cultural and historic sites, professional guides, and exceptional concierge support from an on-location Program Manager from our tour operator, Go Next. (No St. Olaf host will be present.)
Venice Pre-Cruise Program
April 12–14 (Hotel check-in is April 12)
$1,899 per person, double occupancy; $2,399, single
2 nights at 4-star Hotel Papadopoli or similar accommodations, with breakfast
Half-day panoramic walking tour of Venice, featuring:
– Scuola Grande di San Rocco
– Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
– Ca’ Macana Venetian mask workshop
– Accademia Bridge
– Campo Santo Stefano
– Teatro la Fenice (interior visit)
– Motor-launch transfer back to hotel for remainder of day at leisure
Transfers between Venice airport, hotel, and cruise ship pier in Trieste, with related luggage handling, applicable on the official program dates only
Barcelona Post-Cruise Program
$1,399 per person, double occupancy; $1,899 single
2 nights at 5-star NH Collection Barcelona Gran Hotel Calderón, with breakfast
2 half-day sightseeing tours of Barcelona, featuring:
– Gaudí’s architectural creations
– Gothic Quarter
– Barcelona Cathedral (outside visit)
– Sagrada Família church (outside visit)
– Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
– Palau de la Música Catalana concert hall
Transfers between cruise ship, hotel and airport, with related luggage handling, applicable on the official program dates only
Mobility: These tours involve a moderate amount of walking, some over uneven or uphill terrain, and may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties. Local customs require the covering of knees and shoulders when visiting religious sites. The order of tours may vary.
Review closely the Trip Information Sheet.
Check the Center for Disease Control (CDC) vaccination recommendations for each country.
Take a look at the International Travel section of the U.S. State Department for resources, including Before You Go, Country Information, While Abroad, and Emergencies.
Review your passport and make sure it is valid for at least three months from your return date, preferably six months. Should you need to renew, visit the U.S. Passports page on the U.S. State Department website. No visa is required at the time of publication of this web page (March 2022) for any of the countries on our itinerary for stays of less than 90 days. If this should change (which we do not anticipate), we will contact you immediately with instructions for obtaining a visa.
Prepare for Your Adventure with a plethora of information, such as How to Be an Independent Traveler, safety overview, included travel insurance, general health information, and more.
See the Flight Information section below for details on booking your flights (if you opted for cruise only) or the timing of Oceania booking your flights (if you chose cruise with air).
This program is an official GO.
If you opted for cruise only, feel free to purchase your flights. We strongly recommend you consider adding flight cancellation insurance to that purchase. Here are some additional notes:
- The program starts and ends in different cities.
- You should time your travel to arrive in Trieste, Italy by early- to mid-afternoon on Friday, April 14, 2023. Embarkation starts at 1 pm and the ship will depart at 7 pm. Other nearby airports include Ljubljana, Slovenia (51 miles), Venice, Italy (70 miles), and Zagreb, Croatia (109 miles).
- You should time your flight to depart from Barcelona, Spain on Monday, April 24, 2023 at 11 am or later. Disembarkation starts at 8 am.
If you opted for cruise with air, you should have received within 2 weeks of your registration an email with the subject “Helpful Flight Information.” (If you registered more than 2 weeks ago and can’t find this email, let me know and I’ll forward it to you again.) This email gives you options for customizing your flights with Oceania – for example, requesting a specific airline or flight schedule, including changing the days on which you want to fly. Otherwise, flights for cruise with air will be booked by Oceania around 75 days prior to departure (approximately January 28, 2023).