Discover celebrated Inca wonders, colonial cities, and a rich cultural heritage on an expedition to Machu Picchu and beyond. Journey by rail through the Urubamba Valley. Stay at the only accommodations located just steps from Machu Picchu—the historic Belmond Sanctuary. Overlook the fabled city from the Sun Gate and then explore the agricultural terraces, waterworks, sacred sites, and archaeological remains with local guides. Stay and linger long after most people leave to experience its rarefied atmosphere. Over a perfectly paced week you’ll explore Cusco, capital of the Inca empire, with colonial monuments built atop ancient foundations. Discover the Sacred Valley of the Inca with a National Geographic expert, see a traditional weaving demonstration from a talented National Geographic grantee working to keep her craft alive, enjoy a private musical performance at one of Lima’s oldest homes, and so much more.
- Stay at the historic 31-room Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just steps from Machu Picchu, to explore the site over two days
- Linger in Machu Picchu long after day-trippers have left as the sun begins to set
- Discover Cusco’s array of cultural influences and explore the Sacred Valley of the Inca with a National Geographic expert
- Explore the massive Inca stone fortress of Ollantaytambo
- In Lima enjoy a private lunch and musical performance with insights from an ethnomusicologist on the stories and history of the songs
See more details below and use the REGISTER NOW button above to join us.