Senior Account Deactivation:
- September 20 for students graduating spring semester.
- March 20 for students graduating fall semester.
To move your email, follow the how-to steps at https://wp.stolaf.edu/it/st-olaf-college-gmail-migration/. Migration requires a personal Gmail account.
Google Drive: Transferring Ownership of Files
To transfer ownership of your Google drive to another St. Olaf user, please follow the steps at support.google.com/drive/answer/2494892
NOTE: Google Apps for Education will only allow you to reassign ownership of docs to other users in our domain. If you need to move files to a personal account, you will need to do a Migration.
Google Drive: Migration
You have a couple options to migrate your St. Olaf Google Drive:
Option 1: Drive Migrator
Drive Migrator enables you to create a copy of the documents from your St. Olaf Google account to your personal one, and recreates all the folders and organizes them as they should. Download and install the latest version, along with the how-to documentation direct from the Chrome Web Store.
Option 2: Google Takeout
Google Takeout transports the data in Google accounts into downloadable zip files. Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google account at myaccount.google.com.
- Select Personal info & privacy
- Select Control your content
- Select Create Archive and select the data to include
- The data will download to the location you chose (local folder, flash drive, external hard drive, etc.). You can then upload to your personal Gmail account.
If you are the owner of a mailing list, please transfer ownership via Account Services
For WordPress sites that you manage, please make sure that your successor, co-worker, or other person who will be managing the site after you leave, is setup as an Administrator on the site.
Please contact our IT Helpdesk at 507-786-3830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org