A gift that pays me? It sounds too good to be true.
Trust us—it’s not!
If you’ve ever wanted to make a significant gift to St. Olaf but didn’t want to sacrifice potential income from the gifted assets, a “life income gift” might be right for you.
What you need to know
There are two primary life income gifts most frequently leveraged by St. Olaf donors—charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts. Both vehicles share certain features and benefits.
With these gifts, you can:
- Provide an additional source of lifetime income for yourself, a spouse, or other significant persons during or after your lifetime.
- Potentially increase the income you currently receive from liquid and non-liquid assets.
- Receive an immediate tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Avoid capital gains tax due at the transfer of appreciated assets to the gift plan.
- Make a significant gift to St. Olaf while supporting your own or others’ financial needs.
Ready to learn more?
Select a topic below and learn more about the most common life income gifts we offer.
Make a gift to St. Olaf and receive income immediately.
Delay your payments until the income is needed.
Delay your payments with the added flexibility of multiple payment start dates.
Create a customized gift plan that considers your unique financial situation, assets, and charitable causes.