The Curriculum Committee oversees the curriculum of the college in light of its mission, aims, and intended outcomes for student learning and development. The committee normally meets as a full committee or in subcommittees on Wednesdays at 3:30 PM. Its responsibilities include:
- Making recommendations to the faculty regarding proposals for new programs and courses.
- Overseeing the soundness and vitality of existing programs.
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding degree requirements and on-campus and off-campus credits.
- Recommending academic regulations, procedures, and guidelines relative to the St. Olaf Academic Catalog concerning, but not limited to, registration, grading and examination policies, students’ academic status, and graduation.
- Providing leadership for gathering, interpreting, and using assessment evidence to sustain and improve student learning.
- Approving the academic calendar.