Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
1. Linguistic Competence, including:
- Intermediate-level language proficiency in listening, reading, writing, and speaking German; and
- Metalinguistic awareness of language as a system and of the ways in which language organizes through process and information reflects culture.
2. Broad understanding of the cultures of German-speaking countries, including;
- The ability to intrepret political, religious, or cultural trends in one or more German-speaking countries, informed by a knowledge of history; and
- Advanced knowledge of aspects of the culture or language of one or more German-speaking countries.