Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- knowledge of content: The ability to identify and recall important historical events, turning points, and large scale social, political, and cultural transformations that comprise the historical narrative(s) of at least one geographical region.
- the ability to analyze primary sources in context.
- the ability to identify, compare, and evaluate differing historiographical traditions and the contested nature of historical interpretation.
- the ability to employ research methods specific to the discipline of history.
- the ability to compose a historical argument in writing, according to the conventions of the discipline.