Intended Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- the ability to hear, identify, and work with musical elements: rhythm, pitch, harmony, structure, timbre, texture.
- the ability to read and realize musical notation fluently.
- the ability to recognize and articulate an understanding of compositional process and musical style with reference to artists, technologies, events, and cultural forces through the major periods of music history.
- the ability to use research tools and analysis independently to develop, defend, and write musical judgments.
- a trajectory of continuing growth in applying basic musicianship skills, independently, to the preparation of expressive performances informed by outcomes 1-3 above.